Monday, December 3, 2012

Number Six?

About a month and a half ago, I finished my fifth marathon. About two months ago, I swore I would never run a sixth.

Welp...

I have already changed my mind. Somehow, I have forgotten how utterly miserable I was after week fourteen of training (with another four to go), and how I had no time for anything but lacing up my worn out shoes and running the same stinking road I did the night before, and how much I hated the inconsiderate drivers who enjoyed playing such unfair games of Chicken, and how raw my poor skin would get if I failed to lather on a healthy dose of Body Glide.

The fact is, I am so bored! With no kids, no hubby, and no friends within seventy-five miles (excluding my wonderful family), my nights have recently consisted of reality TV, a large variety of unhealthy snacks, and of course, a large glass of wine and/or a delicious beer or two. And, since I cannot think of any other (productive) hobby (staring at pinterest for hours on end does not count as productive) to occupy my time, I am reverting back to the--Lord, have mercy--marathon training.

So the search begins....which one should I run next?! I found this AMAZING website which lists tons of marathons all around the world and it allows you to filter by country, state, month, etc. Check this sucker out:

http://marathons.ahotu.com/calendar/marathon/usa

I haven't narrowed it down yet, but I am quite sure my lazy days are limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment