Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Vampire Season

I am currently stuck in the middle of my second Vampire Season. No, this season has nothing to do with the new Twilight movie that just came out or whatever vampire series is on TV these days.

Let me explain...

I work in an office where I am allowed to work 10 hour shifts (and only 4 days a week). Monday through Thursday I start work at 7 AM and end at 6 PM. Here in the Midwest, between the months of September and February, the sun doesn't rise until after 7, and it sets sometime during the 5 o'clock hour. So, basically, it’s dark when I get to work and it’s dark when I leave. 

In addition, the nature of my job requires me to be setup in some make-shift offices--tucked under a stairwell somewhere or perhaps in some tiny, 5x5 foot janitor's closet with a step-stool for a chair and a three-legged table (if I'm lucky) for a desk. I'm not sure how many of you have stepped foot in a janitor's closet or spent any time underneath stairwells, but it's not likely that one would find a window in such a place. Not likely at all. In fact, the two places that I spend the majority of my work life in are two of the nicest "offices" that I have worked in, and they don't even have windows. The point of all this, you see, is that during the eight or so hours of daylight that we get every day, I see none of it. Thus, the Vampire Season.

Today, however, I had an 11:30 AM doctor appointment. So luckily, I enjoyed a few minutes (I made sure to walk extra slow to and from my car) of the beautiful sunshine today.

This nocturnal girl is about ready to head back into the darkness. Hehe :) Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment