Sunday, September 8, 2013

A little bit of TLC // my new vanity

As soon as I moved in with Trent, I took it upon my self to remodel (mostly just paint) the spare bedroom and turn it into my dressing room/closet. This project seemed to take FOREVER since I travel during the week and there are only 48 short hours during the weekend (and painting takes about 700). However, I am officially DONE with all of the hard stuff and now just need to pick out some new bedding and decor, which, thanks to my indecisiveness, will probably take another couple of months.

ANYWAY, the whole point of this post, is to say that I have created the perfect little vanity for this room! Thanks to my good friend, Christy (who has one heck of an eye for antiques/seeing the potential in other people's junk), we turned this piece of crap desk:

Into this cute little vanity:

I can't get over how great it turned out! I took this picture before it was one hundred percent finished (the old nail holes by the knobs have been painted over now), but you get the picture. I bought the desk for $10, bought 15 bucks worth of paint, and spent $8 on new knobs, for a grand total of 33 big ones. I saw a comparable vanity at Bed Bath & Beyond today for $179. Holy crapaloni, I scored.

If you're reading this, Christy, thanks for all your help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment