Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend review.

I decided not to give into the growing need I've felt to work on the weekends, and boy am I glad I didn't--I was one heck of an accomplished girl over the past few days!

On Friday I had an interview with a company in Waverly, IA. Immediately after the interview, I felt like it had gone well. But, as the weekend progressed and after I had time to analyze every single word that was said, I slowly lost my confidence. Seriously, though, this job would be perfect for me, and I'd be perfect for the job, I just hope they realize it. BUT, I won't know until sometime this week (hopefully sooner than later), and I feel like the more I think/write about it the worse my odds get. So, topic over.

On Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday I made multiple trips to Target, Scheels, Wal-Mart, Kohls, Hobby Lobby, Hy-vee, antique stores, and even did a bit of shopping on Main Street. In addition, my friend, Christy (from now on, I am going to stop saying "my friend" before referring to my friends; if relationships are unknown, hopefully you readers can use the context to figure it out), came over and did some serious rearranging and redecorating in my household. Since I don't have a before picture, here is a visual: at this time last week, there was a purple wrestling poster, framed photos of cartoon dogs, and an oddly hung black and white dock scene hanging in the living room. Just in case I haven't said this before, I'll say it now--Trent is not a designer. Not. at. all.

Yesterday, I did some serious cooking. I made some SUPERB chicken enchilada soup, chocolate chip cookies, and brandy slushes. However, with the exception of a few taste-testers, the entirety of my produce was tucked away in the freezer where it currently awaits the upcoming "Fab Four Friday" which will be held at my house this time. In attendance, will be my three favorite co-workers (and me, of course). Boy, it sure does take off some stress to have an entire meal already prepped and ready a whole freaking five days in advance. I'm not used to this feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment