Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Last Weekend: full of babies!

On Friday afternoon I picked up the two most adorable babies in Story County and took them out for lunch at our local eatery. The place was packed when we arrived and I was so proud to have the two most adorable dates there. The two of them entertained the entire restaurant with their cuteness.
After lunch we went home to bundle up before heading to the park. I told Kennedy that she had to go potty before we left. She said she didn't have to go and I explained that she might not have to now, but she might at the park. Her response: "my mommy said I can go in the grass."

Obviously, I laughed.

...last summer, my mom took Kennedy and Quinn to the park; my mom had her head turned for a minute as she video-taped Quinn, and when she turned around, Kennedy had her pants at her ankles and was popping a squat right there in the middle of our city park. And yes, it's all on video.

But I digress...

Once at the park, the babies had fun playing on the tire swings and slide, climbing over everything, and racing me back and forth to various trees and other landmarks.
I bundled her up with pajama bottoms (under her dress) and both of them wore socks for gloves (or "glubs" as the babies would say).
Kennedy "catching" Quinn as he came down the slide.
Such brave ones!


After the park, the babies and I went home, played catch, jumped on exercise balls, chased each other around, and eventually settled down to read Green Eggs and Ham ten times and watch some cartoons.
This is my "I am so lucky!" face. The babies were too into their cartoon to smile with me.

My mom brought home some coloring books and paint (per Kennedy and Quinn's request), so the evening was spent painting pictures for our fridge (and great grandma's), helping out in the kitchen, and playing in an extra bubbly bathtub. 
Kennedy and Great Aunt Marcy checking on the cake.
The babies proudly holding their masterpiece.
My mom and Quinn

Kennedy insisted on wearing giant headphones the entire night and eventually fell asleep with them on while rockabying (is that how that's spelled?) with her Great Aunt Marcy.
Around 3AM, baby Quinn woke up missing his mama. I rockabyed him for a while and soon Kennedy joined the party and asked if we could watch cartoons (what kind of a second-cousin would say no to a 3AM party with her baby cousins? ...not this girl!). After one episode the babies were still awake, so we went back to bed where I read them Green Eggs and Ham (again).

Once I thought they were asleep, I moved to the basement but wasn't too surprised when I heard the pitter patter of baby feet and "Anny?" echoing through the hallway. How precious. Quinn and I cuddled some more and soon he was back to sleep again. I just love these babies soooooo much.

The next morning we enjoyed--*drum roll, please*--green eggs (and toast) for breakfast and that afternoon the babies went back home to their mama and daddy.
This is Quinn's "Cheese!" face.
She loves playing dress up!
The rest of the day was spent shopping for a much needed new pair of shoes and some running clothes.

On Sunday, I finally did my taxes (talk about last minute...) and really not a whole lot else.

All in all, one heck of a great, baby-filled weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It's no wonder the kids are always talking about you Andi! I love that you love them so much. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete