Monday, April 15, 2013

Marathon Monday / Counting my blessings

My amazing friend, Samantha Ford, qualified for the Boston Marathon when running our last marathon in October (see picture of us after finishing here). Once you qualify for Boston, you have to run it within the next two years. So, Sam had to decide whether she would run it today, April 15th, or in April 2014.

I told Sam I would absolutely be on the sidelines cheering her on whenever she decided to run it.

In February of this year, Sam was studying abroad for school (which would make marathon training very difficult), so she decided to wait until next year to run Boston.

After hearing about today's tragedy, I couldn't help but selfishly think, 'we could've been there...'

What in the hell is wrong with our world? This sickens me.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected today.


I will see you next year, Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment