Monday, April 8, 2013

Relief.

The last two weeks have been absolutely crazy for me. Advice to all: do not throw a bridal shower and a bachelorette party on back-to-back weekends.

It wasn't originally planned that way, but that's how it worked for everyone, so that's how I did it. Anyway, it's all over now and I have never felt so relieved! Everything went so well and (it seemed like) everyone had so much fun! I will post pictures later (that kind of post requires more time than I have right now).

Another thing that I completed this weekend...I redid my resume, wrote a cover letter, and applied to a job that I've had my eye on for a while now. So what if I submitted my application and resume a month after the deadline? It's in, and I am so hopeful that I get considered. Even if this job doesn't work out for me...oh well, my resume is complete and ready for anyone who will look at it!

One more source of relief: I went shopping this weekend and was too lazy to try anything on. So, when I bought two pairs of shorts in the size I wore last summer, my fingers were crossed hoping they would actually fit when I got around to trying them on. And to my surprise, they did! If you haven't gathered from my previous posts, I am the queen of a fluctuating body weight--Oprah, step aside! ...in a 3-month period, my weight will typically fluctuate between about seven pounds; this is why my dresser has a designated "fat drawer." But heck no new shorts, you do not belong in there!

Cheers to a wonderful, 72 degree Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment