Tuesday, May 7, 2013

El Weekendo

On Friday, after my semi-annual haircut, my mom and I headed to Des Moines to shop for a dress for her to wear to my sister's wedding (which is less than three weeks away!). After trying on several dresses, she finally bought one, and then two hours later decided she didn't like it anymore. We were, however, rather successful in the makeup department; we both had makeovers done by the Clinique people, and spent way too much money on eye shadow and "primer."

On Friday night I went out to dinner with an old friend of mine (Miss Laura Lou) who informed me that she and her husband are moving to Colorado this summer! I am so happy for them and am happy for another excuse to visit that wonderful state.

On Saturday, I babysat the cute littles. In honor of the Kentucky Derby, they both put on their favorite hats and rode around on my back. About every 10 seconds during this "horse"back ride, and without any instruction from me, Kennedy would take off her hat, swing it around her head, and say "Yee Haw!" It was adorable.

Another adorable moment of Kennedy's:

She was driving away in the little toy car we have and said to Quinn, “I’m guna go get gas.”
Quinn said, “Bye, Kennedy.”
Kennedy then stuck her head out the window, looked back at Quinn, and said, “You can chetch up with me later, okay?”
HOW DOES SHE COME UP WITH THOSE CUTE LITTLE PHRASES!?
And if you thought I misspelled the word “catch,” you are way wrong, reader! Kennedy pronounces most things that start with a “Ke” or “Cu” sound as “Ch.”  So, for example, in Kennedy talk:
catch = “chetch”
ketchup = “chetchup”
come = “chum”
I really, really, really hope she never grows out of that!
On Cinco de Mayo, I went out for margaritas with my old friends, Austin, Zach, and Tyler. And, let me tell you, those boys are absolutely hilarious! Hanging out with them was the perfect end to my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment