Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prayers for Oklahoma

My eyes are still bright red and swollen after spending the last hour watching NBC relay Oklahoma's devastation to the rest of the country. My heart aches for the parents who had to search, for those who are still looking, and especially for those who lost their children to this nightmare.

I am sad for the selfless teachers who made every attempt, but were unable to save each of their students; although unwarranted, I am sure the 'what ifs' and 'why not mes' are echoing through their thoughts. These teachers, and all others, are heroes in every sense of the word. 

I hurt for the emergency teams, volunteers, and neighbors who came face-to-face with unimaginable tragedies. I have never been in a situation that calls for such heroic efforts as this, but I don't know that I would be able to do what these people did; I am, by no means, strong enough to witness such grief.

My thoughts, prayers, and condolences go out to the entire community of Moore and the entire state of Oklahoma. I want to encourage everyone with the means to, to donate and help this community rebuild again. Every little bit will help.

http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

<3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment