Sunday, February 3, 2013

Emergency Kit.

Ever since I laid my eyes on the large, hidden cargo compartment in the trunk of my new (to me) Toyota Rav 4, I knew exactly what I would put in there--a winter emergency kit, of course!

So, today at Target I spent $6.00 on a small rubbermaid containter and filled it with the most essential cold-weather items: two pairs of extra warm gloves, two pairs of thick socks, two scarves, ear muffs, a hat, a blanket, boots, and toilet paper.
As you can tell by discoloration of my old, once blue, ugg boots, none of these items are fancy or new (except for the toilet paper, of course) ...just old things I found laying around my house that might possibly save my life someday.

A kit like this would obviously not be useful for people living in warmer climates, but no matter where you are from, it's always good to be prepared--I've seen way too many Dateline and 20/20 episodes about people being stranded in their car for days before being rescued.

Whew! I already feel better knowing that I am officially ready for whatever this crazy Iowa weather (and my terrible winter driving) brings me!

No comments:

Post a Comment