Tuesday, February 19, 2013

WEEEEEEkend

Ahh...I just love the weekends! Where the heck do I begin with my most recent?! Friday seems logical.

...after working a long and miserable nine hour day, I headed home to open my much anticipated Urban Outfitters package only to discover that only two of my six items were shipped. The disappointment was alleviated, however, when I fell in love with these two items (which were the same item in two different colors). I ended up wearing them for three days in a row--and no, I did not do laundry, so if you do the math, you will find that I wore dirty clothes to work on Monday (which isn't very unusual for me).

ANYWAY, after arriving in Cedar Falls that night, I enjoyed a deliciously crisp Woodchuck cider at the Panther Lounge and later indulged in half-price appetizers at Applebees. While there, I had the unfortunate (yet very amusing) encounter with two women in the restroom (who didn't realize I was in there, adjusting my contact) as they discussed--and loudly demonstrated--their bowel movements and tampon statuses. I can only imagine how they felt and what they said after they heard the door open and I rushed on out of there.

After that lovely dinner, Trent watched a movie while I fell asleep within the first ten minutes. He then struggled as he carried me to bed a little while later.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention a very, very important part! Since Friday was Valentine's Day, Trent and I exchanged our gifts. He did an excellent job and spoiled me with a bunch of Taylor memorabilia.
I gave him a date night jar (yes, stolen from pinterest), a movie theatre gift card, and some candy. I think he was pleased.
On Saturday, Trent and I enjoyed our morning coffee snuggled up with Baby Sophia while we hung out with her sweet parents, Jake and Des. I then talked Trent into joining me at my favorite store on Main Street, Kitchen Essentials.

Later that night, Trent and I met my friends Lauren, Natalie, Christy, and Marcus for another night on Main Street. We had such a good time! We spent the majority of the night singing our hearts out at The Blue Room for karaoke night.
Lauren, Natalie, me, and Christy
On Sunday, I spent the day laying around with Lauren and Natalie doing absolutely nothing (my favorite kind of day). Trent and I spent the evening eating dinner at a fancy restaurant and watching the tele.

Pretty good weekend, huh? 

No comments:

Post a Comment