Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another fabulous weekend.

This past weekend was a long one--I had Friday through Monday off (thanks to my government job and MLK day). So, my cousin Drew, who recently made the move from Florida to Indianapolis, made the eight hour trek to Iowa so he could bond with his favorite cousins, Aunt, and Uncle.

Friday was quite random. We all went out for lunch at Hickory Park where we ate too much food and drank delicious flavored sodas. Afterwards, my siblings had prior obligations, so my mom, cousin and I were left searching for some entertainment. We randomly decided on lazer tag, bowling, and beer.

The night was spent drinking margaritas and watching a dateline murder mystery at my sister's house, singing karaoke at a hole-in-the-wall bar in Ames, arm wrestling at The Whisky River, eating gyros, and making a 2 AM phone call to get a ride home from my very sweet mother.
My beautiful sister and I
Drew (right) and the stranger and randomly walked up for a challenge.
Saturday was spent recovering from Friday, enjoying a cow-girl themed birthday party for my now three-year-old niece, eating super dogs and better-than-sex cake, drinking beer and brandy slushes (recipe to come soon!), dancing on the Kinect, and drinking at yet another hole-in-the-wall bar.
Kennedy, Quinn, and their mama opening up birthday presents!
The Birthday Girl wanted to help cut the cake.
She is so cute and excited!
Baby Matthew was all tuckered out after his cousin's birthday party.
On Sunday, my cousin and I left my house at 5:30 AM to make the two hour drive to our grandma's house. We went to early church with her at 8 AM and she just absolutely loved showing us off to all of her church friends. After going out for breakfast, we spent the day playing a number of games and listening to our grandma tell stories (which we probably could have recited word-for-word) about our grandpa, our parents, and ourselves when we were younger.

Aside from this unfortunate mishap, it was a pretty fantastic weekend.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment