Wednesday, January 23, 2013

(not so) Wordless Wednesday: chuck

As I told you all here, yesterday I was sick. The day was spent not working, sleeping until noon, watching multiple episodes of "A Baby Story," and of course, blowing my red nose. Because I am such a good sister, I decided to let my parents' dog, Chuck, come in from the cold (it was only 5 degrees outside!). And, because I really do not like dogs or any other animal, I put him in the sunroom (with all of the doors shut) where he could sit quietly while I stayed in the basement by myself all day.

A couple of hours after letting him in, I decided to head up to the kitchen and make myself some chicken noodle soup. As I headed up the stairs, I heard the sound of Chuck's feet scurrying around the kitchen floor. Of course, I was annoyed that he wasn't sitting quietly in the sunroom where I had so graciously left him just two short hours ago, but I wasn't expecting to find THIS GIANT MESS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE KITCHEN FLOOR!!
As you could imagine, I was not very happy with Mr. Chuckster, and he spent the rest of the day in the garage (hopefully feeling guilty for the mess he made me clean up).

And just in case you'd like to know, I am STILL sick today. I went to bed at 8PM last night and, although I was awake half the night blowing my nose, I woke up feeling hopeful that I was cured. I was so optimistic that I even got ready and started my drive to work. After 15 minutes of driving and using 15+ tissues during the drive alone, I decided I was in fact not better and not willing to spend the remainder of the day at work, blowing my nose, and infecting my coworkers. So, I turned around and went back home. And, by the excessive number of tissues I have gone through and the six additional hours of sleep I have had, I am so glad I did.

Excuse me while I go blow my nose for the 400th time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment