Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brandy Slushes

I hesitated to put "brandy" in the title of this post as whenever I say the name of this heavenly drink, people instantly react negatively to that first word. I (somewhat) understand, as brandy is not my choice drink either, but for whatever reason, combined with the following few ingredients, this drink is a godsend. And for the record, I have convinced every hesitant person to try this slush and each and every one of them has loved it. You can thank me later :)

All you need is: 2 cups of apricot flavored brandy, 1 can of frozen lemonade concentrate, 2 quarts of cranberry juice (I used pomegranate flavored and couldn't tell the difference), and a 2-liter bottle of ginger ale.
Step 1: Combine the above shown ingredients (brandy, juice, and frozen lemonade). Stir well.
Note: if you are low on brandy, add some vodka; you can't tell the difference.

Step 2: Put the mixture into a freezer safe bowl (I use two large gladware containers as it freezes faster).

Step 3: Put the containers in your freezer and let it sit for a day or so.
Note: if you put all of the ingredients into just one bowl, it could take up to three days to freeze. So, do what I do and freeze it in multiple containers.

Step 4: Once frozen, spoon out the slush into a glass until it is 3/4 of the way full. Fill the rest of the glass with ginger ale, stir, and enjoy.
The recipe makes ten to twelve servings of the glass size shown above.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment