Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas.

I was so excited to write about the new year this morning that I forgot I have yet to write about my Christmas! So, I am breaking my previous record (of one) and I'm writing two posts in one day.


My last day of work before Christmas break was Thursday, December 20th and I don't have to go back until tomorrow--January 2nd. That's twelve work-free days in a row. Woah. 

I spent that first weekend in my college town of Cedar Falls. On Friday night I went out on the town with my best friend, Miss Natalie, and we met up with several other friends that we don't get to see very often. 
Natalie (who has forgotten how to take a normal picture), me, Amber, and Sarah.
Saturday was spent babysitting/cuddling a precious little three-week old baby girl, Sophia Mae.

It doesn't get much better than this :)
On Sunday I made the two hour trek to Algona to spend Christmas with my Grandma M and Monday (aka Christmas Eve) was spent with Trent's family in Wilton. Sadly, my camera was MIA for both those days...

Christmas was spent at my parents' house. My brother volunteered to make our Christmas dinner and he treated us with a delicious plate of Beef Wellington. Afterwards, we gathered around the Christmas tree, took way too many pictures, and opened way too many presents.
Dane (my brother), Abby (my sister), my Grandma K, and me.

Dane, Jenna, Dave, Abby, Trent, and me.

My cute parents.
On Friday, I was lucky enough to get to babysit my cousin's two babies, Kennedy and Quinn. They ate lunch in their makeshift fort, pulled lots of books off the shelves at the library, played in the snow with their second cousin, Sydni and their Great Aunt Lisa, and ended the afternoon with a nice long nap cuddled up on the couch. 

Kennedy, Quinn, and their peanut butter sandwiches.

Quinn and Syd during the baby boy's nap.
Christmas with my dad's side of the family was held at my parents' house on Saturday. The day was spent eating, catching up with family, drinking brandy slushes, and playing with the littles. 
Naked and chubby baby Claire. I can't even handle how cute this picture is.

Claire was caught red-handed with a bottle of wine and margaritas...
And there you have it, folks...another great Christmas to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment