Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sick, sick, sick

I'd love to write a post describing how wonderful my weekend was, but sadly, it was terrible! Absolutely terrible!

As mentioned in my last couple posts, I was sick with a miserable cold Monday through Friday. I had such high hopes that it would be gone by the weekend, but boy was I wrong. Saturday was spent sitting on the recliner, drinking as much orange juice as humanly possible, and blowing my nose nonstop (I eventually gave up and just stuck tissues in my nostrils). I tried to sleep, but failed miserably as it is rather difficult to sleep when you aren't capable of breathing through your nose (due to extreme stuffiness).

Sunday my mom hosted a bridal shower for my cousin at our house. I tried so hard to magically feel better so I could enjoy the shower and spend time with my family. Although I thoroughly enjoyed being around my family, I still felt terrible.
All the girl cousins (and one adorable second cousin) who were at Leah's bridal shower (Hanne, Leah, Mallory, Abby, Me, Amanda, and Kennedy).
Monday I called in sick. Again. I went to the doctor and when he entered my room he greeted me with, "hello again." This is the third time I have been to the doctor in about two and a half months. To put it lightly, this has not been a good winter for me. After making a trip to the pharmacy to pick up my THREE new prescriptions and a 30 count box of Breathe Rights, I headed home to, again, try and get some sleep. And finally, FINALLY, I was able to sleep! And OH.MY.GOSH., sleep does wonders for a sick person. I woke up later that night and felt so much better.
Trent brought me this pretty pink rose on Monday night. So thoughtful :)
Today is Tuesday and although I do feel better than I did last week, I am still not back to normal by any means.

Enough complaining for one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment